Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Food Allergies.

I have a lot of food allergies. I became lactose intolerant in high school. Thankfully there are pills for that because there was no way I was going to be able to give up ice cream! I did switch a few things, like drinking almond milk and such.

Then, a few months ago, I started getting sick again. Every time I ate, I would get so sick. I went back and forth to the doctors and after a million tests, I found the culprit.

Gluten.

This made me sad because I have a strong love for all things made of bread! Also, a lot of things have gluten hidden in it. There are no pills for this. I had to completely change my diet. It's been hard and extremely challenging.

But..

I have found a few staple items that I am in love with. I also found snacks that I could throw into my purse so if I am at some place that doesn't have something I can eat, I can pull that out.

Here are a few things that I have tried and loved!





Wow.. this makes me look like a five year old.. I promise I eat other stuff than just this! Lots of fruit and veggies!

2 comments:

  1. I'm lactose intolerant too! It sucks having to think about it when I go out to eat and to make sure I have something on me incase I want something with dairy in it.

    ReplyDelete