Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

and I said sure..

I just dropped David off at the airport, and he will be gone for the next week for a conference. Driving home I was feeling a little nostalgic and thinking back to when we met and how we started dating. So I decided that it would be a good time to tell you guys all about it. 

In October of 2004, I was 16. I had a few close friends and those friends introduced us to their close friends. So this girl, who I will call J, had a birthday party and invited us to come over. While there, David walked in with a few of his friends and I was immediately intrigued by this boy. I should mention though that I am a extremely shy person so no words actually came out of my mouth to him the whole time we were there. When he was leaving he hugged everyone in the room, but me. When he got to me, he said: Here ya go, and patted me on the head. I just stared at him and off he went.

We eventually started talking over Xanga and the good old myspace. A big group of us all hung out all the time, so I was seeing him quite frequently.

Then on December 13th, 2004, He drove me home and when we were hugging goodbye he asked me if I would go out with him. Being the shy, awkward girl that I am, I just said sure and walked away. I have played that moment in my head a million times with different ways I could have said yes. I'm so embarrassed of how I said. Silly me!

David and I have been together now for 8 years. We have had our up and downs. Relationships aren't easy and they are definitely not easy when you are 16 and trying to find out who you are. But we have grown so much and thankfully it was together and not apart. 



New years 2004

Easter 2005




No comments:

Post a Comment